See the Academic Personnel Manager or Staff Personnel Manager to complete hiring documents and/or benefits documents. Questions? Contact your Department’s Manager.


This card serves as your UCLA identification, giving you access to University libraries and other servicesAn email confirmation will provide you with information necessary to confirm your appointment. With this information, go to 123 Kerckhoff Hall to obtain your Bruin card.


Please contact Sandra Topete for the updated pay schedule.


All leaves need prior authorization from the Chair and the Manager of the department. In addition, leaves of over TWO weeks need to be approved by the Dean in addition to the Chair. A Leave of Absence form must be completed. Forms are available from the UCLA Payroll Office or your department’s Chair’s Assistant.


UC faculty do not accrue sick leave or vacation credits. In general, being a professional means you have great discretion in managing your time, and should be able to balance your personal needs with your teaching and research obligations. Absences due to short-term illnesses can usually be covered through consultation with the department chair; leaves for major illness are arranged on an individual basis.


For detailed information concerning sabbatical leave and other leaves of absence, please see section 700 of the Academic Personnel Manual.


Any salaried University employee must pay for their own parking. Parking is not paid for by the department. In order for you to qualify for either a Parking Permit or the Bruin Commuter Program, you must have at least a 43% appointment.  Please see your department’s Chair’s Assistant if you are interested in either of these services.


UCLA offers a wide range of housing services for the UCLA community. For faculty, there are University-owned apartment buildings and condominium complexes, many within walking distance of campus, as well as single-family and town homes for purchase at below-market rates. Current and prospective faculty or staff members who are in the market for housing should contact the Community Housing Office at 310-825-4491.


The UCLA Staff and Faculty Counseling Center provides confidential assessment, counseling, referral services and training/workshops to campus staff and faculty dealing with a wide range of problems. Call the center at 310-794-0245 for help with work-related problems such as violence in the workplace and conflict management, or personal problems that may have an effect on your work.

Four-week Stress Management Workshops are offered on a regular basis by the Staff and Faculty Counseling Center, Suite 380, UCLA Wilshire Center. Call 310-794-0245.