The Office of Communications creates and shares a wide range of stories, news and information about UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music, underscoring the school’s focus on scholarship and performance – All In One Place. Through a variety of communications platforms, the team focuses on engaging key audiences including prospective students, the UCLA community (both on-campus and off), and the general public.
The Communications Team also plays a central role in devising and executing integrated marketing and communications strategies in collaboration with partners across the school and campus.
For requests for marketing and communications advice and assistance or if you receive a request from a reporter or other outside media representative, please contact Executive Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing, Lawrence Aldava.
Primary Communication Platforms
Vision and Content Creation Driven by Communications Team:
Please Suggest Content for these Platforms as Follows:
- Recommend newsworthy information and stories (photos welcomed!) by contacting Ariane Bicho, Director of Communications, who handles outreach to media outlets.
- Submit content updates for schoolofmusic.ucla.edu by emailing email@example.com
- Submit high-quality images and videos of student performances, rehearsals, lectures produced in your department (for use on schoolofmusic.ucla.edu, across social media, and in print materials) to Content and Social Media Marketing Manager, Brian Runt.
- Post upcoming events via the “Events Form” link found in the footer of the Schoolofmusic.ucla.edu website (open to Faculty, Staff & Students. Please request the form password by emailing your name and school affiliation to Communications@schoolofmusic.ucla.edu, Subject: Request Events Form Password)
- Request guidance for starting or maintaining a UCLA Alpert-related social media account by contacting Brian Runt, Content and Social Media Marketing Manager.